Bala Lake Railway – Model Railway Show 26,27,28th May at Ysgol Berwyn, Bala School. Over 30 layouts, 20 + narrow gauge displays, Trade support, refreshments and free parking.
The Snowdonian Limited 9th June
WHR Society – Out and about
– 16th June, Vale of Rheidol Railway Outing – the date for payment was set at 1st May There are still places available Cost: coach and train ride – £36 for North Wales Group members, non-members £38. For further details and payments, etc contact either:
Elwyn Jones: email – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07840 910460 / 01286 830856.
Cae’r Odyn, Rhostryfan, Caernarfon. LL54 7PB.
Dafydd Thomas: email – email@example.com – 07800 846103 / 01248 681019.
Tŷ Croes, Crymlyn, Abergwyngregyn, Llanfairfechan. LL33 0LU.
Depart Bangor at 7:30, call at other pick-up points on A487 – Caernarfon, Dinas, Penygroes, Porthmadog, Penrhyndeudraeth; arrival at Aberystwyth approximately 10:00.
Travel to Pontarfynach (Devil’s Bridge), 1 hour stay.
Return to Aberystwyth, visit to the loco shed followed by refreshments at Aberystwyth.
Depart 16:45 with arrival at Bangor at about 19:15.
WHR Society – July visit to the Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway.
This is a three day trip to allow a visit to the railway’s Broadway extension with two nights stay in Cheltenham.
Dates: 20 to 22 July
Cost: coach, hotel and train ride – £235 single room; £308 double/twin for North Wales Group members, non-members £243 single room; £ 325 double or twin room.
• Depart Bangor and other pick-up points Friday at 10:00, travel to Shrewsbury by 13:00 for 2½ hour lunch break; arrive at hotel at Cheltenham at approximately 16:00.
• Saturday, coach to Gloucester & Warwickshire Railway, rover ticket will allow unlimited travel on the railway including to its new terminus at Broadway. Also, possible visit to loco shed. Overnight stay at Cheltenham.
• Sunday – Depart at 10:00 for Oswestry for lunch and visit to the Cambrian Railways’ station and museum.
• Depart for North Wales at 16:00, arrive Bangor 18:45.
Hunslet birthday bash 22-24th June at Minffordd Yard – 15 Hunslet engines have accepted invites so far!
Jazz in the Park – 2nd, 9th 16th August Tan y Bwlch Station “Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer…” – Make the most of the long summer evenings and enjoy the mellow sounds of Jazz at Tan-y-Bwlch. We are delighted to introduce our 2018 season of Jazz party trains to Tan y Bwlch featuring the ever popular Dr Jazz.
Rock & Roll @ Tan y Bwlch 23rd August “An Evening with the ‘Del Sharrons’… Put your sneakers on and get set to rock ‘n’ roll as this 1950s style group – a five piece band from Leicester who provide a great evening’s entertainment”.
Journey into the Past 5th 12th, 19th, and 26th August, Dinas to Rhyd Ddu “Take a heritage train ride into the past – travelling between Dinas and Rhyd Ddu in historic carriages, behind a 150-year old steam locomotive”…