Are you up to the challenge!
Spooner’s Grill, Café & Bar
The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways are two of the UK’s most popular heritage railways, located in the heart of picturesque Snowdonia. We are committed to increasing diversity within our workforce and to providing an inclusive working environment for all. Spooner’s Grill, Cafe & Bar is at the centre of our operations in Porthmadog and delivers a high level of service from breakfast through to evening meals. We are also an award winning real ale bar.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join the management team of Spooner’s. This will be a hands-on role and we are looking for someone prepared to lead by example. The successful applicant will work with the Catering Manager to run the day-to-day operations of this busy catering outlet, maximising profit and improving customer service standards. Candidates should have proven experience of working in a catering / hospitality environment. You will have excellent communication and leadership skills and an understanding of budgeting would be an advantage. If you would like to be a key part of one of North Wales’ top tourist attractions we look forward to receiving your application.
- Experience (ideally minimum 5 years) of working in the food / catering industry
- Educated to at least GCSE level to a good standard
- Qualification in Food Hygiene
- Qualification in alcohol retail
- Proven business ability
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to speak Welsh an advantage
- Knowledge of the railways, their passengers and the local economic market an advantage
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack. We will accept applications by CV with a covering letter.
Closing date for applications Sunday 23rd June 2019