On Train Services Department
On Train Steward
Fixed Term Vacancy from 14th July 2018 to 16th September 2018
Rate of pay: National Minimum / Living Wage for age
Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week, any 5 days out of 7 as rostered
The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways are a seven day a week operation. Weekend working will be required in this position, evening working may be required on occasion.
The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways are two heritage railway in North Wales.
We are looking for an On Train Steward to join our team serving light refreshments and selling guide books on board our trains. The position will be based at Porthmadog and the successful applicant may be rostered on both the Ffestiniog Railway and the Welsh Highland Railway. This is a customer facing role so the applicant should enjoy meeting and helping our passengers and be eager to make sure their visit is a pleasant one.
• Must be numerate
• ‘Front of House’ position so must have good communication skills
• Smart appearance conforming to uniform requirements is essential
• A basic knowledge and understanding of food hygiene would be an advantage
• The ability to speak Welsh is desirable but not essential
• Knowledge of locations on the Railways and their use by visitors is desirable
Please contact Jo Vincent for an application form for the above position. We will also accept application by CV with a covering letter.
Tel: 01766 516073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.