Vacancy: Booking Office Supervisor – With responsibility for Group Travel
We are looking for a Booking Office Supervisor to assist in the day to day running of Porthmadog Booking Office including ticket sales, group bookings, customer enquiries, telephone bookings and special functions. The successful candidate will have a specific responsibility for group travel, including being proactive in the recruiting of new business, entering group bookings, invoicing and record keeping. This position is based at our Porthmadog Station however applicants must be prepared to work at other stations as required.
Permanent vacancy to start mid September 2018
Rate of pay exceeds National Living Wage, exact salary dependant on experience
40 hours per week, any 5 days out of 7 as rostered, weekend and Bank Holiday working will be required.
• Ensure the safe and efficient running of Porthmadog Booking Office
• Ensure a high level of customer service and care
• Lead by example in the day to day tasks such as selling tickets and taking bookings
• Deal with customer enquiries and complaints
• Ensure cashing up procedures are carried out and reported as required
• Ensure all group bookings are entered correctly into the computer system
• Keep accurate records of bookings
• Produce invoices for group travel
• Work with the Booking Offices Manager and the Commercial Manager to ensure that Special Events and Functions run smoothly
• Participate fully in Special Events as required
• Must have the ability to make or act on quick decisions in the event of train failure and other ‘out of the ordinary’ situations.
• Must be numerate, literate and have very good computer skills.
• ‘Front of House’ position so excellent communication skills and a cheerful disposition are essential.
• Must be a good team player.
• A willingness to join in with Special Events and to be flexible and adaptable to any tasks set is essential.
• Must have a smart appearance following dress code.
• The ability to speak Welsh is desirable.
• Driving licence is desirable.
• Must be familiar with railway or tourist operations.
• Knowledge of locations on the Railways and their use by visitors is desirable.
Closing Date for applications Friday 31st August 2018