Our gardens are our pride and joy. We all love them and without them the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways just wouldn’t be the same. It takes a lot of planning and a lot of volunteer time to make this all happen. We are looking to recruit a Parks and Gardens Team Leader to lead our volunteer teams and encourage the gardeners of the future. We are looking for someone who really knows their subject when it comes to horticulture and is looking for a new challenge. A twelve month contract is on offer and is great opportunity for someone who feels they could plan, teach and lead.
Fixed Term vacancy from September 2018
Rate of pay: Circa £20,000 per annum pro rata, dependant on relevant experience
Hours: Approx. 20 hours per week, annualised. Occasional weekend working may be required to support volunteer working parties.
• Co-ordinate and manage the voluntary Parks and Gardens Team on the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways
• Organise horticulture working parties
• Actively recruit and motivate the volunteers
• Write and distribute regular newsletter updates to the volunteer team
• Train and supervise horticulture trainees on the HLF funded Heritage Skills Training Programme
• Order supplies and manage the budget for the Parks and Gardens on the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways, including seeking ways to supplement the funds available through the propagation and promotion of saleable produce from the gardens.
Please note whilst we would encourage the successful candidate to actively participate in the upkeep of our gardens time spent doing hands on physical gardening work would be considered voluntary.
For an application form for the above position please contact Jo Vincent. Tel: 01766 516073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also accept applications by C.V. with a covering letter. A successful application will explain your interests in horticulture, your experience as a team leader and why you think you could make a difference.
Closing Date for applications Friday 7th September 2018