Start date: October 2018, initially a six month fixed term to March 2019
Hours: Approx. 24 hours per week spread over 3 days
Rate of pay: £16,640 per annum pro rata
The Festiniog Railway Company operates the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways. Our Infrastructure Department is responsible for the civil engineering of the railways including track and lineside structures, signalling, operational and commercial buildings and facilities, parks and gardens. The department offices are based in Minffordd Yard on the Ffestiniog Railway.
We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking individual to join the Infrastructure Department as a part time Administration Assistant.
Candidates must have:
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good communication skills
• Good levels of numeracy and literacy
• High levels of IT competence with Microsoft Office suite, internet, email etc.
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Experience of working in a busy office environment
• Prior knowledge of the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways
• The ability to speak Welsh would be an advantage
• To provide administrative support and assistance to the Infrastructure Manager and the managers and supervisors of the Infrastructure Department
• To assist with logging faults and organising work schedules
• To organise the Infrastructure offices at Minffordd Yard
• To assist with the departmental accounts including ordering, invoicing etc.
• To deal with enquiries from the public, suppliers and staff
• To deal with deliveries to the Minffordd Yard site
• To assist with organising volunteer input in the Infrastructure Department
If you would like to be a part of a unique engineering environment we look forward to receiving your application.
For an application form for the above position please contact Jo Vincent. Tel: 01766 516073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 7th September 2018