Iain Harris writes: A short note of Sunday’s activities which I hope are of interest. The weather was remarkably good (for any time of the year, never mind January) and the gang of 10 completed a significant amount of work.
In no particular order the work included;
- Installation of a new drain in TyB cutting (completing a job initially started in August ’19)
- Altered the cross drain adjacent to TyB shunt signal to hopefully further reduce the blockage risk.
- Cleared the Boston Lodge Halt drains (Part of the regular work programme)
- Timber treated 70 plus new lids (so ready to be deployed in Feb)
- Repaired salvaged lids for re-use
- Completed the down pipe gully alterations adjacent to Maenofferen shed
- Altered the cross drain from the Maenofferen shed so the road gully will no longer block the drain.
- Rodded all the drains serving Maenofferen shed area
- Cleared the gully adjacent to the Minffordd Yard Mess
- Completed the new chambers that we built last Summer in Minffordd Yard
For the record (and I suspect it is for the gang) we used nearly 30 litres of wood preservative during the day.
The dates for the drains gang sessions for 2020 are planned as follows;
Anyone wanting to join the gang should contact Iain Harris at email@example.com